Sunday, September 27, 2009

Taste and See -- Days 12-14

Celebration. That's been the predominate tastes of the past three days. That's because Nancy, my sisters (Kathleen, Linda, and Julie) have been getting reading to celebrate our parents 60th anniversary.

Yep, 60 years. Together. Every day one of perfect bliss. Okay, perhaps not perfect bliss (with a kid like me, how could it be bliss?). But still togetherness. So, since it's been a whirlwind of activity, the taste of celebration (primarily for Nancy and me) has been fast food meals while on the road, lots of cake (Nancy baked the cakes for the reception), veggie and cheese trays from the caterer, a complimentary pizza from Josie's (in Columbus, OH -- hand delivered by the manager. Also one of my dad's nicknames for my mother -- Josie), and a Sunday brunch at Salvi's to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday.

And then, this evening, for our Friends in Fellowship worship group, the taste was of celebration, too -- for our after gathering repast was left-overs from the great feasts in Columbus, Ohio. Fitting, I think, that food/taste from our family gathering should be the closing tastes of worship this evening. The family of God -- well, 10 of us anyway -- gathered on the farm for quiet worship and sharing and food.

A blessed weekend, indeed. It tasted good.

-- Brent

No comments: